Monday, July 18, 2011

Cheap Ass Games: Condemned Criminal Origins

From time to time, I will put a review of a game, book, or movie that I find interesting on here. When it comes to games, I will review used games that are under $20 that you can get at Gamestop. For this one, I am doing the scariest game I have played in my life, Condemned: Criminal Origins for the XBOX 360. This game is pure terror. You play as agent Ethan Thomas, SCU investigator and the main character. This game is a psychological survival horror game that tasks you at clearing your name after a serial killer, named Killer X, kills two cops with your gun. You are tasked with tracking him down as he goes after the serial killers you were tracking pre-game. The game focuses one three massive points, first person game play, visceral melee combat, and forensic investigation. The combat and forensic are both used to a very good extent. The combat is your standard swing block format using the triggers. The strange thing about this game is it has shooter elements in it, but you can not carry extra ammo. You only have what is in your clip. The game has no HUD, you have to press a button to check ammo and health. The forensics are the puzzle element, used to track a bleeding victim or to look for evidence. In the dark, this is highly terrifying when you don't know where the people will come from. This plays into the sound which can cause high amounts of paranoia. I myself wish that I knew how the game ended, it was so terrifying I couldn't finish it. From the voice whispering my name, which is also the main characters name killed any chance of me finishing it. For being only $4.99 at Gamestop, this game is worth a buy. Out of a hundred, I would give it a 90.

No comments:

Post a Comment