Thursday, July 14, 2011

Prototype Game Review

Everyone who knows me knows I love gore, so when I was looking through used games the other day, I found a gem of a game called Prototype. The box cover is what sold it for me. The back showed the world in chaos, with mutations, and a lead character that uses his mutation to make weapons like swords and claws. After playing through the game, I was left feeling a little empty. The game was good, that is the best I can say about it. It has eight main powers, the blade which acts as a sword, the most balanced power in the game. The next is the claws, which focus on speed and have the cool ability to when holding the Y button on the xbox 360 to cause spikes to come out of the ground, killing most enemies if packed together. The next is the whipfist, which I used to most, mostly to jack helicopters when you gain the ability to fly and upgrade this power. Then there is the devastators, which cause a large amount of damage to large groups of enemies. The armor is just as it sounds, your body gets covered in a awesome looking suit that makes you take less damage, a must in later missions. Musclemass is the most useless power to me, all that I used it for is after I got the long throw, I used it to toss cars at far off enemies. Hammerfist, like the muscle mass, has limited usage, especially for me. I only used it at first to destroy tanks, then when I got upgrades for the other powers, I stopped using it. The final power is the main thing in the game, called consume, which does what it says. When you grab a person, you have the option to consume them, and can take their form. Which lets you lose attention from the military and get into the military bases if you absorb the right people. Also, the most important thing about it is, it is what you HAVE to do to get health, you don't really regain any throughout the game. The game is fun in it own right, but for the 17$ used price at Gamestop, I would recommend better games. This game gets a 75/100

No comments:

Post a Comment