Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A preview of my book

I remember the sky was red that day. The air stunk of burning flesh, melting plastic, and decomposing flesh. I was on foot that day, trying to find the rest of my platoon. We got separated in the drop and I ended up somewhere near a mall. I got on the radio and heard that the rally point was somewhere near the school.
I shouldered my old hunting carbine as I looked around the area. There was no movement, but in the week since the outbreak, you could never be to careful. Especially cause I wasn’t military, neither was the rest of my platoon. The real military was fighting for the big cities like New York, not a little shit town on a island off the coast.
I suddenly saw movement and ducked behind a car. A lone mutator was moving slowly down the street. It was the biggest one I have seen yet. Seven feet tall, like a human with a turtle shell made of these huge boils, then when popped, cause acid to come running out.
It stopped near my car and I prayed it wouldn’t come over. It grunted a few times and started to come my way. I clicked my safety off and moved to were I could get a few shots off before it charged. I aimed and it locked eyes with me. It roared and I fired two times in quick succession, hitting two of the packs on it’s shoulders. It screamed and ran slightly to my left. It hit the wall and fell backwards.
I fired three more round into its head and took off running, trying to lose it. I ran into the alley as I heard it start to run. It went right past my alley, and I took off to get further away. Finally, I thought, I lost it. I climbed up a fire escape and hid up there, hoping to catch the thing off guard, hoping to kill it.
It never came back. I walked into the appartment near the fire escape and I got my bearings in there. I listened for any signs of the undead I could hear. I didn’t hear anything so I walked into the hallway. There were three zombies in there, and i quickly picked them off before they heard me.
I walked into a room marked with a pentagram. Inside was a full on demonic lab, marking it as a sons of the spore lab. I felt a needle stab into my back and I fell to the ground and lost contiousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment